These are just a few helpful tips on easy ways to go green that I find pretty easy to practice with little reminders.
1. Take a walk and pick up some trash (don't think I will be forgetting this one again any time soon). Sounds awful put if you have kids can be a lot of fun. And who knows you may find some treasure.
2. Always make sure you run a full load of laundry (and if you do it on cold, extra energy savings added) in the washing machine and dishes in the dishwasher.
3. If you can dry some or all your clothes on a laundry line.
4. Turn off lights when you leave the room, and/or try not to use lights at all.
5. Higher your AC thermostat, anything over 75 F or 23 C will help cut down on cost and saves a bunch of energy. http://sustainablechoices.stanford.edu/actions/in_the_home/thermostatsetting.html
So these are just a few of the ways we try to help. There are a bunch of other ways too, but these are the ones that if you start practicing will become habits and you will not need a kick in the pants like I did today. Oh yeah there is another one, number 6, take your own reusable container to restaurants (because we all know you are already taking out your reusuable shopping bags) so yo do not have to use their disposable one, yay for leftover love.
Keep being green!