1. Vinegar. I have always loved vinegar, malt vinegar is yummy. I like it on lots of foods, mostly English chips aka french fries. But I have recently discovered how great other vinegar, like white vinegar, is for cleaning. It is awesome. It is cheap, it cleans very well, gets rid of any weird smells you may have in your house (don't ask), and did I mention it is cheap. It is awesome in the laundry (we use it on the cloth diapers for the baby) and I am always using it in the kitchen now. It is also a very environmentally friendly alternative to other household chemicals. Just saying I love it. And if you make a batch of chips (I mean french fries) you can pour it (the malt kind that is) on and you have dinner. Just thought this was worth a mention.
2. Adverts and commercials. I am not sure what is going on with me these days, but commercials are really starting to annoy me. How stupid do these people think we are at the other end of the tv, radio, or magazine. I mean seriously. I heard one advert the other day say that they could defy gravity with their face cream. Really? Are you floating in space while you put on this cream? Just wondering. I think that if someone had really found the answer to wrinkles we would know about it, and none of us would be able to afford it so it probably wouldn't matter. Actually when I think about it, the commercials that annoy me the most are the cosmetic ads. I mean don't get me wrong all advertising is annoying, especially when you just want to watch your program, listen to music, or find the article in magazine without flipping through 800 million pages of ads. But these cosmetic ones are super annoying. Just think about it, if any of the crap they were trying to sell you worked... Again just thought it was worth a mention.
3. Snakes. OK please please don't make me say this again, STOP KILLING SNAKES. I was out for another run today and saw another tiny snake murdered by the side of the road. The little guy was no bigger than a pencil. DO NOT KILL SNAKES EVER. It is really not hard, and if you are a big snake killer it many actually save you some time so you can do something else, anything else really, other than killing. I do not want to hear that you only kill the venomous ones, that is a load of crap. Most people could not identify a poisonous snake from a non-poisonous one. And if you think it is venomous, here is an idea, leave it the frick alone, and don't risk the trip to the doctor. If you are in real danger move away and call a professional. But killing a snake will never be the right answer. As much ass you may not like them, we still need them. Sorry just saying.
4. Ammonia Gas. I know for many this is old news, and even for me it is not new, but I was reading an old New York Times article the other day about Beef Products Inc., and their use of ammonia gas in the ground beef product they make from the fatty deposits that would normally be used in pet food. I do not eat hamburger (or any meat for that matter) so this is not a big one for me. But for those who do, in case you did not know (look at me pretending that people read the blog, aaawww denial, not just a river in Egypt hehehe, so cute) they do not list the ammonia as an ingredient and it is in most fast food and grocery chains ground beef. A little gross and disturbing, but again just thought it was worth mentioning.
5. World Peace. Just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone had some awesome world peace ideas. I really think now is a great time to start working in it, and if you want to use this blog as a forum to promote your peaceful ideas feel free. How cool would it be if we could create world peace, so awesome. Bet you are wondering where this is coming from, saw the quote "peace begins with a smile", by Mother Teresa, and I liked it and just thought it would be nice to bring about peace and solve all the issues that humans have created. So easy right, I think we can knock this out in about an hour. I guess I was hoping to get some great ideas from some other great people out there and start to expand. I mean we need a great reason to save the planet. Saving it for fighting kind of blows. I hope this was worth mentioning
So yes I have gone from vinegar to world peace, a totally normal list of discussion items. Hope all is well, and pass along a smile.